Monday, May 23, 2011

Jennifer Dontz (insert high-pitched voice) ROCKS!

I have just returned from a great trip to Ottawa for 4 days.  Thursday, I gave a gumpaste shoe class to a group of students including my good friend Lorrie Gauthier of Eat Dessert First.  It was a lot of fun and the creativity that oozed from the students was phenomenal! 

The following day was an early one!  I was up early from sheer excitement - excitement of knowing I was about to embark on 3 days of sugar flowers with Jennifer Dontz!  My faithful reader will remember I took a 2 day class with Jen last year and she was also my very first interview in Baker's Dozen.  This time around, we learned the magnolia, peony, cymbidium orchid, moth orchid, lily of the valley, pansy, and the Jen Dontz creation - a blood orange lily!  I haven't completed my flowers just yet (just need to steam em) so pics will be posted later.  But for now, here's a pic of Jen clowning around and giving my bottom a squeeze:

Jen is so fun to work with!  I can't wait for her to return!  On a plus side - not only did I learn amazing techniques and meet some new sugar friends, I also was invited by back by Lorrie to have a DVD launch class when my first ever DVD launches this fall!  How exciting is that?  Here's a pic of me and Lorrie in class:



All in all it was a great weekend.  I have a lot to do while my wife is away on a 6 week business trip to India - including planning the dvd, tons of orders, and today, I have been re-organizing my cake studio!

Until next time,
Happy Caking!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous class, fabulous pics!! Hoep we can Jen up here again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a BALL!!!!!! Each and every person did so well with their flowers. It made me proud :-)
    I hope to come back....
    Until then, happy flower making!!!
    Jen xxoo

    ReplyDelete