Tuesday, November 30, 2010

First class.......AWESOME!!!!

So as you all know, I taught my first class the past 2 weekends - Gumpaste Poinsettias.  I had a blast, and so did my students.  Their enthusiasm really made me realize that 2011 is the year I focus even more on cake art, teaching and my dvd!  I had a total of 10 students over the course of the 2 Sundays.  Thanks to Icing Inspirations, we gave away ALOT of door prizes - everyone left with something!  Below are pictures of the class:

Set up of door prizes

Students stations all set up

The Store

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies for Snack

Students hard at work

Assembling our flowers

I didn't get great pics of the finished flowers (crap camera), but my students are supposed to be sending me some.  My first class for 2011 is Gumpaste Baby cake toppers in the Anne Gedes style.  More info to come!  Stay tuned later this week for another Baker's Dozen with Lisa Bujega of Flour Confections.  Also on the pipeline - an intervioew with Edna De La Cruz and in the New Year, Ron Ben Israel!

Until Then,
Happy Caking!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Looks like it was a great class Mark!!

    Congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete