Saturday, June 27, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to my Cake Blog! I plan on using this space to highlight all of the special projects I am working on. I'm going to start with a very popular cartoon character - Spongebob Square pants!

Spongebob was made with a 9 x 13 sheet cake that was crumb coated in buttercream first. Once coated, I used the tip of a knife to lightly map out where I wanted his features to be, then I used a melon baller and tomato core remover to hollow out the indentations to make him more spongelike. Spongebob chilled in the fridge for a bit while I colored the fondant and then the fun began. I used fondant of various colors to detial him, and I'm pretty happy with the end result:


Not only am I happy with it, but so was the person who asked for this cake. Here is what she had to say:

"Everyone loved it!!! It was super delicious and I enjoyed eating the leftover cake thoroughly. You have such talent and I thank you for making Faolan's day extra special. He started to pick at the side of the cake before we cut it, he was freaking out with excitement that he had a SpongeBob cake. Thank you for making a little boy very happy "

I hope you all enjoy my blog, and I look forward to posting often since there are a lot of things I want to try, and a lot of cakes on the way!!

1 comment: